Arkansas Center for Data Sciences (ACDS) is helping a local company hire for a SQL Database Developer Apprentice Program. The position is a full-time paid job opportunity for opportunity for passionate, aspiring database developers with 3-5 years of experience building stored procedures with intermediate SQL experience wanting to advance into a senior level role. Company is open to non-traditional background to gain the knowledge, tools, and skills to thrive as a Senior Database Developer.
The SQL Developer role is to ensure that all SQL based database systems are functioning efficiently and effectively for proper support of the business requirements. The SQL Developer role includes: implementing and continuously improving processes for converting data from one system another; design data modeling/analysis services used to mine enterprise systems and applications for knowledge and information that enhance business processes. This individual is also responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining data support tools, metadata inventories, and definitions for database file/table creation. This position will monitor ETL and data conversion processes to ensure they run appropriately every day and may include other duties as defined by their manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist to define standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information
• Develop and test programs or databases, correcting errors and make necessary modifications to database, database systems, or programs helping to define standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information
• Train users and answer questions as related to the databases; work with users on optimizing and centralizing user databases (where appropriate)
• Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used.
• Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs
• Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project
• Create data definitions for new database file/table development and/or changes to existing ones.
• Review and revise as appropriate company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
• Work with application development staff to coordinate the creation and management of data queries.
• Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development staff, and other stakeholders to integrate data mining applications with existing systems.
• Provide and apply quality assurance best practices for data mining/analysis services across the organization.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data models.
• Determine required network components to ensure data access, as well as data consistency and integrity.
• Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices use of data mining tools.
• Collaborate with database and disaster recovery administrators to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
• Monitor data mining system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Respond to and resolve data mining performance issues.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and document solutions and problems with existing ETL processes
• Work with and as the database administrator to design, develop, and update databases
• Perform other incidental and related duties as required or assigned.
Desired Background & Qualifications
How does the interview process work? ACDS will conduct an initial phone interview and assessment. ACDS will send selected resumes to companies that match the candidate’s skills and interest. Our corporate partner companies will decide which resumes to bring in for final interview with the IT manager. Company selects final candidate for job offer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Candidates must have the ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. No relocation is available for this position.