Are you someone with new ideas, a solid technical background, and a desire to make a big impact in retail? Dillard’s is looking for experienced developers who enjoy solving business challenges with technology. Our agile development teams write applications to support our customers, stores, and associates.
Our Dillard’s IT team is based out of our Corporate Office in Little Rock, AR. We’ve spent the last few years updating our store network and infrastructure, and are excited for the new applications we’re currently building that will provide new, more modern experiences for both our customers and associates. We’re looking for developers to join our team who are motivated and who can help us get stuff done!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain both the front and back end of web applications
- Research problems, make, test, and implement code changes, and then follow up to ensure the desired results were achieved
- Ensure that all systems and third party integrations are available and functioning properly
- Learn the business environment and collaborate with some of the nicest, smartest people (admittedly, we may be a bit biased)
- Participation in an on call rotation
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years development experience
- Experience with Java
- Experience with relational databases, such as DB2
- Familiarity of web server/app server setup and configuration, continuous integration pipelines, and various testing tools
- Work well under pressure, grasp new ideas quickly, and be able to thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Highly motivated, self driven, effective communicator willing to work well in a group environment as well as function independently
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Groovy/Grails and Kotlin
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and a PDF of your cover letter answering the following questions.
- Tell us why you’re interested in this position. What are you looking for in a career move?
- Give us your elevator pitch! Why are you a good fit for this position? What skills and abilities do you have that you feel make you qualified?
- We want to ensure we’re on the same page when it comes to compensation. What is your salary expectation (amount required to move forward with your application)? Is it negotiable?
- Our team works in our corporate office in Little Rock, AR. Are you local? If not, are you willing to relocate?