AcreTrader is a real estate investing platform that makes it easy to buy shares of farmland and earn passive income, starting in just minutes online. United States farmland has historically outperformed most asset classes and other forms of real estate. Unfortunately, buying and maintaining farmland directly is extremely difficult without local knowledge, management, and large investment commitments. AcreTrader solves these issues by providing transparency, flexibility, and ease of use to people wanting to invest in farmland while handling all aspects of administration and property management, from insurance and accounting to working with local farmers and improving soil sustainability. See our How it Works page for more details. The AcreTrader team has hundreds of millions of dollars worth of farmland management experience, and the team continues to grow in size and quality.
AcreTrader is looking for a bright, curious, and experienced Data Scientist to join our growing team in Fayetteville, AR. You will be responsible for surfacing insights from our data that drive decision-making, improves our offerings, and solidifies our data platform. Your analysis will contribute to our product roadmap, engagement, acquisition, offerings, and more. You will be working within a startup environment that requires flexibility and nimbleness, where good communication and willingness to make a real contribution is key to success. As with any growing company, many other tasks and responsibilities should be expected to be assigned, and growth opportunities to be seized.
- Lead data-driven projects from strategy to execution that is aimed at improving our product offerings and customer experience.
- Evaluate current and identify new data sources that will improve our data capture and provide strategic advantage.
- Automate data capture, cleansing, and reporting processes.
- Develop clear and informative dashboards that present vital data outcomes and strategic business metrics that inform internal business users.
- Identify the appropriate methods and modeling solutions for solving complex business problems with disparate, structured, and unstructured data sets.
- Build predictive models and machine learning algorithms to improve our offerings.
- Analyze disparate data in search of trends and patterns that inform decisions.
- Contribute to all stages of data projects, from data mining to data visualization.
- Write the code that delivers the solutions to implement the associated data strategy with the appropriate language, framework, and packages.
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis and reporting as needs arise.
- Work closely with engineering and product development teams in pursuit of excellence.
- Collaborate with business, product, and marketing leadership on strategic opportunities identified from data-driven insights.
- Understand AcreTrader’s mission and core values
- Maintain a high level of integrity
- Clearly articulate the vision for AcreTrader as well as the core beliefs of the company
- Be able to defend thoughts and ideas internally in a professional manner when challenged
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in mining and preprocessing data
- Experience developing information out of complex varied sourced, and many times, unstructured datasets
- Experience with statistical methods such as forecasting, time series, hypothesis testing, classification, clustering, or regression analysis
- Experience with applying Machine Learning techniques to Natural Language Processing problems.
- Experience with machine learning libraries and packages such as PyTorch, Caffe2, TensorFlow, Keras, or Theano is expected.
- Exposure to R or C++ would be beneficial
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, Pyplot, ggplot2 would be helpful
- Ability to use business sense to balance decision making
- Experience working in Github and using Git commands
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Curious and focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage in an unstructured environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Located or willing to relocate to Fayetteville, AR
- Real Estate Industry experience or knowledge
- Understanding of finance and investing
- Experience working within a Big Data environment
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Capable of wearing multiple hats to get the job done
- Ability to self-organize and to be self-accountable
- Background working on a long term project with the same team