Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (A/MFA)
The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (A/MFA), located in Little Rock, AR, seeks a Database Analyst to advance the institution during a transformative era that includes the construction of a new state-of-the-art facility, scheduled to open in 2022. Designed by the renowned architecture firm, Studio Gang, the new facility will include landscaped grounds, by the firm SCAPE, and will secure the Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts position as one of the top cultural institutions in the region. The new building includes expanded galleries, a new Art School, restaurant, Museum Store, theater, lecture hall, and other programming and event spaces.
The Database Analyst is responsible for the management of A/MFA’s Tessitura database platform and the implementation of new, innovative solutions to improve data acquisition, reporting and data analysis. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this role will work closely with fundraising, membership, marketing and finance department staff to support revenue generation strategies and technology integration across multiple platforms.
Primary Duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively manages and supports the data structure within the current database for core institutional operations, integration into current and emerging web platforms, data quality, reporting and queries, and business intelligence.
- Develops strategic solutions and implements resolutions, manages ongoing communication on platform updates and upgrades and leads system improvements and database user training to maintain organizational integration.
- Performs database administration and supervisory functions, monitoring and maintaining data integrity, database maintenance, security updates, clean-up tasks, and quality control audits.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of software and hardware solutions pertaining to the database, including but not limited to mobile, tablets and scanners.
- Works cross-functionally to determine feasibility of expanding database usage for specific projects while implementing industry best practices. Maintains vendor relationships to maximize institutional support and improvements.
- Provides leadership in strategically improving processes and procedures with a focus on communication and collaboration to achieve departmental goals.
- Other related duties, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years experience in database administration required
- Experience creating regular, strategic and actionable reporting required
- Self-motivated to work independently but also thrives in a collaborative culture that encourages creativity and innovation
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to hand issue resolution calmly and professionally, with close attention to detail
- Experienced with CRM/eCommerce database platforms
- Familiarity with SQL queries and Excel reporting
- Knowledge of Email marketing platforms
To apply, please submit a cover letter highlighting your interest and a detailed resume to email@example.com.