Java / COBOL Developer
Are you someone with new ideas, a solid technical background, and a desire to make a big impact in retail? Dillard’s is looking for experienced developers who enjoy solving business challenges with technology.
Our Dillard’s IT team is based out of our Corporate Office in Little Rock, AR. We’re looking for developers to join our team who are motivated and who can help us get stuff done!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Following a SDLC of Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, and Maintenance
- Learning the business environment while working in a collaborative team to achieve organizational goals
- Estimate, research, and document enhancements and problems
- Ensure third-party integrations are functioning properly
- Handle interruptions in a timely and effective manner
- Work closely with User Services to keep the end-user in mind
- Participation in an on-call rotation
- 2+ years development experience
- COBOL, CICS and JCL
- CI/CD pipelines
- Relational database experience (DB2)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Tools: QMF, IDz, Apptune, ChangeMan, Splunk, GitLab, ServiceNow
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and a PDF of your cover letter answering the following questions.
- Tell us why you’re interested in this position. What are you looking for in a career move?
- Give us your elevator pitch! Why are you a good fit for this position? What skills and abilities do you have that you feel make you qualified?
- We want to ensure we’re on the same page when it comes to compensation. What is your salary expectation (amount required to move forward with your application)? Is it negotiable?
- Our team works in our corporate office in Little Rock, AR. Are you local? If not, are you willing to relocate?
Related keywords: engineer, software engineer, software developer, COBOL developer, java developer, COBOL application developer, mainframe COBOL developer, java / COBOL developer