Quality Assurance Analyst
At Dillard’s, an eCommerce Quality Assurance Analyst evaluates and tests new or modified software applications to verify they function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. In addition, the QA writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and software development procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
Creativity, openness to ideas, willingness to take on any task or role, focus on the customer, and a constant view of the big picture are just some components of the quality assurance mind-set. Good testers have an instinct and understanding for where and how software might fail and how to track down failures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with developers, analysts, and other testers to drive testing activities across development lifecycles
- Test hardware and third party software for integration with internal applications
- Create/maintain test data for all types of testing
- Prioritize, maintain, and refactor tests
- Triage failures, identify root-cause, provide re-creatable steps and define corrective actions
- Manage defects and collaborate with team to schedule fixes in development cycle
- Participate with other team members in requirements gathering, story writing, user acceptance testing, and documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or other related field, or 1+ year(s) equivalent professional experience
- Hands-on tester with an aptitude for functional testing across the application to include manual, automated, and exploratory testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Willingness to learn and improve policies and procedures
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Experience with automated testing software tools
- Involvement on project teams using Agile methodology
- Basic understanding of Java, HTML, Selenium
- Basic understanding of relational and non-relational database tools
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and a PDF of your cover letter answering the following questions.
- Tell us why you’re interested in this position. What are you looking for in a career move?
- Give us your elevator pitch! Why are you a good fit for this position? What skills and abilities do you have that you feel make you qualified?
- We want to ensure we’re on the same page when it comes to compensation. What is your salary expectation (amount required to move forward with your application)? Is it negotiable?
- Our team works in our corporate office in Little Rock, AR. Are you local? If not, are you willing to relocate?
Related keywords: quality assurance, qa analyst, qa, quality assurance analyst