What you'll do...
- Manages project team User Experience (UE) deliverables by establishing and communicating project needs and measures of success to all functional leads (Design, Architecture, Prototyping, and Writing); directing cross-functional collaboration activities; driving the attainment of project goals; creating customer experience scenarios; advocating for the customer in experience workflow; requesting and attending usability sessions; participating in brainstorming sessions; presenting user experience flow and project decisions to all levels of leadership; and negotiating product feature trade offs and impact to product development lifecycle with Engineering and Product Management.
- Supports User Experience strategy and innovation by evaluating the current competitive landscape for compelling customer experiences; analyzing future trends and forecasts in related fields; constructing compelling artifacts outlining present conditions and proposed solutions; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment and encourage change.
- Creates the User Experience designs (user interface design comps, visual design specs, prototypes, and other visual assets) for medium-sized, diverse projects (i.e. new check-out system) by participating in overall project design definition activities; defining methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; driving creation of designs, and specs that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; and working with Engineering leads to determine efficacy of given solution.
- Mentors Associate Designers and Designers in day-to-day User Experience design methodology and principles by providing guidance on project based design tasks; and creating educational design modules for the User Experience practice curriculum.
- Leads medium-sized, diverse, cross-functional User Experience (UE) projects (i.e. new check-out system of 70+ pages) to generate the overall user experience solution and deliver usability on product within feasibility limits by coordinating all of the UE (Design, Architecture, Writing, Prototypes) and
- Research (market and user research) activities and deliverables to plan, test and execute the recommended user experience to the Product Manager.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor Degree and 1 year's design experience OR Masters Degree OR 3 years' design experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America