What you'll do...
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
- Masters: Computer Science
Must have experience with:
- requirements analysis, technical design, implementation and testing;
- analysis of requirements, design and architecture of project technical implementation along with data model design;
- implementing REST Microservices using Spring Boot and generating Metrics with method level granularity and persistence using Spring AOP and Spring Actuator;
- utilizing different tools to monitor Microservices, integrate Swagger UI and write integration tests along with REST documents;
- utilizing centralized configuration to manage environmental level configuration and Elastic Search for centralized logging;
- utilizing Jenkins build tool for building and deploying applications across different environments; developing Web User Interface using AngularJS, HTML5 and CSS frameworks;
- creating project pipelines for CI/CD deployments using Git and Jenkins;
- working on different POC’s to support the implementation of business solutions;
- developing Java Messaging Service (JMS) by configuring JMS Queues, Topics, and Connection Factories;
- actively participating in onboarding new applications for production and providing support when issues occur; testing automation to increase quality using JUnit and TestNG at various class levels and method levels;
- and monitoring and mentoring junior engineers for best practices and standards. Employer will accept any amount of experience with the required skills.
- Automated Testing experience with mindset to build self-testing code
- CI / CD mindset with test automation
- Unit testing including frameworks like jUnit
- Mocking experience
- Automated contract and integration testing
- Java springboot engineer with enterprise experience building high available / scalable products
- Strong understanding of OO, restful services and SOA principles
- Azure Cloud experience
- NodeJS experience a plus
- DB Experience (Relational required) Object a plus (Like Mongo)
- Experience leading junior engineers and promoting best practices
- Full stack with Kotlin or ReactJS a plus
About our team:
We are a passionate group of engineers helping Walmart Supply chain to achieve best in class products by solving their most difficult challenges and delighting our users with easy to use capabilities. We love to collaborate on ways to solve problems and we pride ourselves in building products we are proud of.
About the Role:
Seeking a passionate software engineer who enjoys working closely with a small team of engineers to build completive advantage products for Walmart’s supply chain. Our newest team member would also have a strong pride in craftsmanship and enjoy challenges.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America