What you'll do...
About the team
The Enterprise Business Services Design team builds digital products to enhance the lives of millions of Walmart associates. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for designing richly compelling experiences for associates across the globe. This position will work with cross-functional teams within Walmart to develop solutions that empower 1.5 million+ employees to do their jobs in our offices, stores and supply chain.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will help transform complex workflows and information into easy-to-use experience design for our associates. You will need to think visually, using lean techniques like sketching and white boarding to communicate upfront design concepts. You will also use your knowledge of the Double Diamond Approach (discover, define, design, deliver) to collaborate and iterate on multiple solutions before delivering pixel-perfect designs. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Product Designer role at Walmart could be what you’ve been looking for.
You’ll make an impact by...
- Leading in the creation of business and associate product experiences.
- Thinking holistically – about the associates using our products, a cohesive design system and end to end experiences.
- Solving complex problems and working with others with the same passion to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure.
- Leading the team in maintaining a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
- Designing solutions driven by KPIs and milestones.
- Multitasking across different projects and adapting to changing priorities.
- Championing the Design Thinking philosophy throughout the business.
- Communicating effectively with kindness and empathy.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Can take the complex and make it simple.
- Have a strategic mindset and a systems thinking approach.
- You are a “jack of all trades” and willing to dip your toes into experimenting with new technologies.
- Strong understanding of design theory and concepts needed to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast).
- Producing great work in a short timeframe, multitask across different projects and platforms, and adapt to the business’s ever-changing priorities.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis and secondary research.
- Degree in HCI, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar.
- Bachelor’s and 3-4 years of experience; OR Master’s and 2 years of experience; OR 5 years of experience
- Have a fantastic portfolio of elegant design solutions.
- Master of written and verbal communication.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience.
1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America