What you'll do...
Walmart Manufacturing Tech is building applications for our growing internal supply chain. These applications will tie our ERP platform (SAP) and the other open stack technologies that we are building on top of that as well as stand alone applications built into our cloud. Goal is to streamline our internal supply chain that will in turn reduce the cost and improve the quality of the products we sell.
This role will be focused on building our backend side of applications that are geared toward sending our users to a one stop place to get all work done. This could be using either React Native, ReactJS, or Angular for connecting our shop floor with our backend systems. This role will be critical in the design and implementation of these applications. Our team is continuously adding talent and we are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer who wants to learn the business and can effectively communicate with our business partners in the home offices as well as our plants.
What you’ll do…
The Software Engineer position is one that calls for technical expertise that puts the end-user experience at the center. You’ll apply your Object oriented programming and Distributed Systems competencies towards the improvement of existing products and the development of new software solutions at a global scale. You’ll have the opportunity to work with other highly skilled technical experts while taking an active role in collaborative assessments and design discussions.
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving
- pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies);
- researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced
- systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and
- identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested
- information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating
- status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity;
- interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and
- bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root
- cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of
- an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management,
- project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and
- guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and
- building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business
- needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on
- improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
- incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others
- with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Solid experience in React Native or ReactJS
- Demonstrated experience delivering impactful products
- Built and rolled out products that have spanned years of sustained use
- The passion to leverage today’s technologies to create best-in-class user experiences
- Developed innovative strategies, processes, and best practices while leading internal technical teams
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America