What you'll do...
About the Team
As a Systems Telemetry Staff software engineer, you will be a key developer in the development of telemetry designs, managed services, and real-time telemetry software systems. You will use your depth of engineering and experience to assist in software initiatives, proof of concepts, analysis of software products, real-time logs, real-time traces and data system designs. This role will involve collaboration with the business partners, product managers and representatives from other engineering disciplines. Specifically, you will work with enterprise architects, product owners, data scientists, engineers, and business managers to bring telemetry R&D projects into production. To achieve this effect, you will use a combination of open source and COTS technologies to solve real-time telemetry problems at an enterprise-wide scale. Furthermore, you will work on Multi-Cloud deployments with Kubernetes, VMs, Distributed Tracing and technologies which consist of: Grafana, Tempo, microservices, GraphDB, Time-Series Databases, OpenTelemetry, Application Performance Management (APM), JAVA, Python, GO, Node JS, ExtJS and Java Script.
Location : Open to Sunnyvale CA, Bentonville AK, Seattle WA, Carlsbad CA, Reston VA, DALLAS TX
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a storyteller, visionary and innovator
- You are passionate, driven and humble in your approach
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You thrive on both leveraging and leading the way
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
You’ll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and enhance observability platform is at the forefront of all we do
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis on COTS technologies to solve real-time telemetry problems.
- Partnering with our customers to ensure consistent behavior and align responsibilities of telemetry solutions.
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent, with 8 or more years in software engineering, design, and architecture
- Strong architecture, programming, and engineering skills. Should have an analytical design approach and demonstrated experience in software engineering and programming
- Knowledge of public, private and hybrid cloud deployments
- Knowledge of real-time telemetry pipelines and publish/subscribe models
- Knowledge of Distributed Tracing
- API development, integration, and utilization using Agile iterative CI/CD development environment
- Ability to document requirements, architectural designs, and analysis findings in both business and technical terminology
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, containers, service meshes, and micro services
- Configuration management -Ansible, chef, puppet
- Full stack cloud software development experience
- Experience in creating, maintaining and supporting micros services.
- Experience with large scale distributed system deployments
- Experience with advanced SQL queries
- Experience with observability tools and system architectures
- Involvement and contribution with open-source software communities
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America