What you'll do...
What you'll do…
- Maintains awareness and consistency with emerging industry solutions to create the latest technological strategies, solutions, and roadmaps by benchmarking global industry resources against internal technologies, processes, and solutions to drive the business to sustain industry leadership; identifying and gaining consensus on capabilities and required approaches; defining and articulating activities necessary to address needs, interfaces, standards and specifications, and gaps; and investigating solutions and driving implementation of architectural design security and critical infrastructure protection.
- Drives small to large-scale implementations leveraging industry knowledge by evaluating solutions to meet desired results; conducting engineering and analysis focused on secure enterprise operations and management; collaborating with internal and external teams on network, application, and data security best practices; establishing and measuring performance standards of business processes and associated technology solutions; removing barriers and obstacles that impact delivery or performance standards; and duplicating solutions and providing the same features and capabilities on a small scale in regional locations while providing a cost-effective solution.
- Crafts and develops solutions to business challenges by communicating requirements to key partners (for example, business leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics); engaging with key partners to deliver and support initiatives; communicating status and insights related to
product performance; and securing buy-in from executive-level leadership.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
About the Team
The Business Events Technology Team provides event solutions to enhance the experience for thousands of associates. You’ll leverage the best and latest tools to facilitate corporate events and work with teams who develop associate’s experiences. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, you will get to deliver customer-centric solutions before they walk in the door, after they enter, and every step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of event technology. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a leader in Engineering Management at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 4 years' systems engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years' systems engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years' of experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America