What you'll do...
Software Engineer (Back End)
What You’ll Do:
- Direct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues.
- Lead and direct large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects.
- Be a technical lead and drive the team towards building a highly scalable and performing Container platform.
- Bring new ideas for product enhancement.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
If You Are:
- Eager to work on the line between Software Engineering and Data Engineering.
- Writing code that is testable and readable, and paying down technical debt regularly.
- Always seeing ways to incrementally improve systems and remove unnecessary complexity.
- Willing to take responsibility for running a critical part of our infrastructure.
- A passion to mentor and guide team members.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Prior Software Engineering experience at a startup, or mid to large sized corp.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience developing or working, with hands on experience building, running and deploying application with Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Prior experience developing or working with CI/CD or GitOps systems is highly desired.
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies, passion for continuous improvement.
- Ability to deliver in Agile method (Kanban or SCRUM).
- Experience developing containerized cloud applications.
- Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud
- Data Modeling: Analyzes complex data elements, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships to contribute to conceptual, physical, and logical data models.
- Develops the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs. Defines relational tables, primary and foreign keys, and stored procedures to create a data model structure.
- Architectural Design, develop, implement and tune distributed data processing pipelines that process large volume of data; focusing on scalability, low -latency, and fault-tolerance in every system built.
- Demonstrates expertise in writing complex, highly-optimized queries across large data sets to write data pipelines and data processing layers.
- Proven, working expertise with Big Data Technologies Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark Scala/PySpark, and SQL.
- Knowledge and experience in Kafka, Storm, Druid and Presto with Hands-on experience of Spark and knowledge of cloud systems are added advantage.
We’d Love To See:
- Excellent understanding of designing and building scalable, high availability, distributed (multi-tiered), and concurrent applications.
- Expertise with RDBMS (Informix, MariaDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or SAP HANA) with excellent understanding of transaction management and performance tuning.
- Experience with distributed databases like Cassandra, MongoDB, excellent understanding of SQL database.
- Experience using messaging systems like Kafka, ActiveMQ; solid understanding of enterprise service patterns.
- Data Modelling concepts understanding and implementation experience.
- Plus, if you have prior experience on SAP Business Warehouse as developer or support.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
8TH AND J STREETS, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America