What you'll do...
Walmart Manufacturing Tech is building applications for our growing internal supply chain. These applications will tie our ERP platform (SAP) and the other open stack technologies that we are building on top of that as well as stand alone applications built into our cloud. Goal is to streamline our internal supply chain that will in turn reduce the cost and improve the quality of the products we sell.
This role will be focused on building our backend side of applications that are geared toward sending our users to a one stop place to get all work done. This could be using either ReactJS or Angular for connecting our shop floor with our backend systems. This role will be critical in the design and implementation of these applications. Our team is continuously adding talent and we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who wants to learn the business and can effectively communicate with our business partners in the home offices as well as our plants.
What you’ll do…
The Senior Software Engineer position is one that calls for technical expertise that puts the end-user experience at the center. You’ll apply your Object oriented programming and Distributed Systems competencies towards the improvement of existing products and the development of new software solutions at a global scale. You’ll have the opportunity to provide hands-on leadership while taking an active role in collaborative assessments and design discussions.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Solid experience in ReactJS and Angular
- Demonstrated experience delivering impactful products
- Built and rolled out products that have spanned years of sustained use
- The passion to leverage today’s technologies to create best-in-class user experiences
- Developed innovative strategies, processes, and best practices while leading internal technical teams
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale product development by reviewing business requirements; translating business problems into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with product team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with product managers / product owners to provide input on product plans; and providing leadership to the product team.
- Leads in development while working with other members of the products teams, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering products by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phases to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, business, and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America