What you'll do...
Join us as we bring zero loss, six sigma and lean principles to drive key breakthroughs at the world's largest retailer! The Senior Manager II, Engineering (Supply Chain One Best Way) will help create a culture of continuous improvement across our Supply Chain, enabling our associates to lead in a new way and empowering them to become business partners that are helping solve to some of our biggest challenges.
Whether it’s serving 260 million customers each week, making decisions about a $485 billion business, or working among our 2.3 million Walmart associates, this is the big leagues. We’re seeking the best and brightest in cutting-edge thinkers because, as a Senior Manager II, Engineering (Supply Chain One Best Way) for the world’s largest retailer, you’ll be on the frontlines of driving unprecedented solutions at an unprecedented scale.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re highly skilled in process engineering, conducting time and motion studies, work cycle definition, value stream mapping, lean principles, and have a passion for continuous improvement.
- You’re a self-driven game changer and when you see a problem, you can’t help but fix it.
- You have strong consulting skills and understand the macro level of business: where it’s going and how we partner to move the organization forward.
- You have outstanding change management and project management skills, are detail oriented and have the ability to see the end to end picture.
- You are stimulated by unique challenges and excited to engage at Fortune 1 scale only Walmart can provide.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Managing innovative supply chain processes, best practices, and strategic solutions by overseeing strategic supply chain goals; leading internal and external project teams; driving collaboration with cross-functional teams to provide business solutions; partnering with key vendors to develop business solutions; assessing key performance indicators; establishing project objectives; driving strategic and long-range plans to meet critical timelines; and communicating with and influencing key decision-makers and executives within the organization.
- Collaborating with senior and executive leadership to develop sustainable supply chain strategies by providing guidance on supply chain gaps and areas of opportunity; acting as an Enterprise Knowledge Lead, advising leadership on industry best practices; recommending initiatives with the greatest return on investment potential; and leading major projects and overseeing project teams to drive initiatives from concept through implementation.
- Overseeing initiatives to reduce operating expenses within the supply chain and enhance services by overseeing multiple projects from concept to implementation; developing operating and capital budgets and recommending them for approval; reviewing and approving project plans; and collaborating with key business partners to ensure sustainable process changes that support business initiatives.
- Overseeing and executing logistics engineering projects by implementing project plans and timelines for multiple site projects; collecting data for project performance tracking to ensure projects are meeting financial goals; and engaging operations management to ensure operational needs are being met while minimizing operational impact.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Expert in using Predetermined Time and Motion Studies and other Time Standards analysis techniques to define Time Standards for various work cycles.
- Familiarity with Lean principals (for example: 5S, workplace set up, VSM, etc)
- Data analytics/KPI analysis: expert with Alteryx workflow and Tableau (Alteryx certification is a plus)
- Familiarity with development of QuickBase Apps
- Master in Excel (includes proficiency with Macros development and Macros troubleshooting)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 4 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area OR 6 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
609 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America