What you'll do...
- Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
- Maintains cable and telecommunication systems for company facilities by installing, repairing, programming, and upgrading systems according to company policies and procedures for cable and telecommunication systems; supporting Information Systems Division infrastructure systems (for example, telephony, over-head paging, satellite) for Walmart facilities; completing work within established timelines; and ensuring adherence to applicable local, state, and federal codes; and ensuring compliance of vendors.
- Maintains work area by keeping equipment rack accessible; cleaning, conducting inventory on, and storing assigned tools and test equipment; and maintaining vehicle maintenance records.
- Provides required paperwork by completing forms (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, work orders); updating Remedy tickets (for example, service status, estimated arrival time and completion, root cause); completing daily or weekly issue logs; completing expense reports; and providing weekly issues reports regarding code compliance.
- Performs major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs on network, cabling, telephone and satellite systems by troubleshooting cabling system issues according to Services team procedures; tracing and removing abandoned cable; keeping cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards; replacing damaged items, cleaning and maintaining electronic network and television equipment; and installing network, cabling, wireless, over-head paging, telephone, and satellite components.
- Assists in systems management by gathering capital expenditures lists, developing scopes of work to update network, cabling, wireless, over-head paging, telephone, and satellite systems; identifying other issues related to regular service; and learning about structured cabling and telecommunications equipment.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Valid driver's license or eligibility to obtain a valid driver's license.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
2001 Se 10th St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6489, United States of America