What you'll do...
About the team
The Enterprise Business Services Design team builds digital products to enhance the lives of millions of Walmart associates. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for designing richly compelling experiences for associates across the globe. This position will work with cross-functional teams within Walmart to develop solutions that empower 1.5 million+ employees to do their jobs in our offices, stores and supply chain.
As a Product Designer, you will help transform complex workflows and information into easy-to-use experience design for our associates. You will need to think visually, using lean techniques like sketching and white boarding to communicate upfront design concepts. You will also use your knowledge of the Double Diamond Approach (discover, define, design, deliver) to collaborate and iterate on multiple solutions before delivering pixel-perfect designs. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Product Designer role at Walmart could be what you’ve been looking for.
You’ll make an impact by...
- Designing best-in-class product experiences
- Constantly balancing business goals with user goals
- Designing solutions driven by KPIs and milestones
- Using design research to create insightful design solutions
- Rapid prototyping and experimenting in a fast-paced environment
- Leveraging quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform design decisions
- Working with our Design Ops team to expand the component library
- Multitasking across different projects and adapting to changing priorities
- Championing the Design Thinking philosophy throughout the business
- Staying up to date with the design latest trends
- Communicating effectively with kindness and empathy
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you..
- Can take the complex and make it simple
- Have a strategic mindset and a systems thinking approach
- See problems from various angles and create well-rounded solutions
- Are a self-starter who is well organized and always looking to improve
- Embrace the startup mindset by thinking quickly and creatively
- Be a feedback champion by embracing constructive critique while communicating your ideas
- Have previous experience designing products in an agile environment
- Experience with dynamic prototyping
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in product design.
- Have a fantastic portfolio of elegant design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 1 year's design experience OR Masters Degree OR 3 years' design experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America