What you'll do...
About the Business/Team
Sam’s Club Product Team is focused on creating an incredible omni channel shopping experience, bringing members the best products at the best prices. We are a nimble group that comes from diverse backgrounds yet guided by the same north star: to increase our members’ satisfaction and retention by working quickly, cost effectively and with a focus on having an impact. Together, with our partners in engineering, user experience design, analytics, operations, merchandising, supply chain, and marketing, we innovate and drive the future of retail by anticipating the needs of our members.
Sam's Club is a membership warehouse club, a limited-item business model that offers our members quality products at an exceptional value unmatched by traditional retail.
We want our members to have the best-in-class experience when visiting our clubs which includes our member services desk where they will learn about our Plus Membership and Credit value prop.
Join the Sam’s Club Product Team and make an impact on the future of retail.
Position Description Summary
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for ensuring the end to end experience at our member services desk is best in club while enabling a culture of empathy and care. The Senior Product Manager is tasked with using both analytics and domain knowledge to create tools that our makes our associates day to day lives better and ensures a world class experience at our member services desk. The role strives to partner with operations, human resources, membership, product, technology, and user experience teams to re-invent the end to end experience achieving desired KPI’s
Success in this role requires a unique combination of character traits which include....
- The ability to holistically view and understand the overall product ecosystem to ensure the details don’t obscure the overall ability to innovate and make an impact
- A passion for intuitive, easy to use products designed to make life easier for users, which are Sam’s Club associates
- Empathy for users which results in a willingness to immerse yourself in feedback in order to distill insights and get to the root of problems
- A deeply held belief in “technology for good” that allows you to focus on empowering users so they can be more productive with less effort
- A desire to drive measurable results in terms of operating efficiency or income. A corresponding data-driven mindset that can clearly identify, articulate, and quantify the levers that will improve your product(s)
- Familiarity with systems-oriented thinking. An aptitude for diving into the interconnectedness of supply chain, inventory, and financial systems as part of building robust and scalable product(s)
- A desire to work on products that are part of a broader purpose and will drive impact
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a strategic thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, operations research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs.
- Have a bias towards action with an eye towards detail. You drive results without being directed. You are able to understand cross-functional needs and ruthlessly prioritize. You make sure other team members are aligned and empowered to execute.
- Tackle challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll research, understand and balance all aspects of various problems and approaches, while also crafting scenarios and getting buy in for the best solution
- Be comfortable operating and executing in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders. You have the empathy and communication skills to understand differing perspectives so you can articulate and deliver solutions that address the needs of multiple constituencies
- Enjoy the journey of problem discovery, testing, pivoting, and occasional failure. You view failure as an opportunity to introspect and glean learnings
You’ll make an impact by….
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges – communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projects by identifying the customer and operational needs of the product
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholder
In this role you will:
- Act with broad scope, autonomy, and a focus on delivering impact
- Seek out, research and evaluate areas of opportunity to save time and money. Articulate the problem(s) and socialize the proposed solution(s) to relevant stakeholders and colleagues
- Apply structured thinking to your problems in the form of journey mapping, value stream mapping, domain-driven design, root cause analysis, and dependency mapping
- Own the entire product lifecycle including discovery, analysis, test and learn goals, MVPs, user stories, sprint execution, launch, and iteration. Develop systemic feedback loops to drive clarity on product iteration
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders such as other product managers, engineers, and operations across multiple offices and time zones
- Assist in championing the vision of enabling a best-in-class experience at our member services desk and changing the culture to one of empathy and care
- Travel up to 25-35% of your time; work remotely with various teams as needed
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America