What you'll do...
The Omni Inventory team’s mission is to enable a seamless inventory experience for customers and associates both online and in-store. We optimize inventory functions such as replenishment, sourcing and flow of goods into warehouses and stores by providing highly accurate, real-time inventory levels. We maximize the inventory available to sell to on-line customers while minimizing nil-picks, substitutions and offer rejections.
Come join a team that provides a great opportunity to work on skill building technologies at scale. The Omni Inventory team has made contributions to open source Kafka and presented at the 2019 Kafka Summit on the utilization of the streaming technology to process 900 million inventory events per day.
Candidate responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
- 2 years’ experience with big data, streaming and cloud technologies including but not limited to:
- GCP Ecosystem
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America