What you'll do...
Solutions Architects are responsible for providing expert level guidance within Messaging, Stream Processing, Batch and Data Quality. You will have in-depth knowledge of the architectural patterns leveraging distributed systems for processing and routing of messages to support the creation of business-critical data applications and pipelines, assist with technology migration efforts, review workload architectures, and provide guidance on how to address operational, compliance and high-risk production issues. You will provide end-to-end support for the customer lifecycle from onboarding / design inception up to production release.
An Ideal Solution Architect:
- Critical thinking / openness to new solutions: No two projects will be the same. You are willing to be continuously learning the latest innovations and have a willingness to experiment looking for the next greatest solution to our business challenges. You will need to seek out new approaches to problem solving leveraging the best-in-breed components.
- Communication skills and business acumen: You will be the liaison between our products and developers, business stakeholders, product managers and leaders. You will be guiding our customers to optimal solutions and communicate shared designs to any stakeholder. Successful Solution Architect know how to communicate to audiences with little or no technical knowledge, while aligning their recommendations to business objectives and the bottom-line.
- Rigor: You are the person stakeholders turn to for guidance about platform problems they are facing. The ability to provide focused, clear perspective with confidence provides both reassurance that the business is in good hands, but also that the cloud solutions you’ve recommended are secure, resilient, cost efficient, and managed with operational excellence.
- Technical acumen: GTP Solution Architect: must also possess the necessary technical skills to serve as the foundation for our customers, including basic programming, software development and continuous integration, continuous deployment (CICD), messaging, big data, streaming, batch, database(s), networking, security skills, modern application architecture skills, and more.
Critical Personal Skills:
- Collaborative: We love solving challenges together and want to share all our thoughts and inspiration. First and foremost, we work as a team.
- Innovative: We want to challenge ourselves to find the best possible solution given complex constraints and accelerated timelines.
- Leadership: We are all contribute to the success of our platform and drive critical components from inspiration to delivery.
- Ownership: We feel ownership of our product and the customers we serve
- Results Driven: We need to give that critical push to get though that tricky last 10% to deliver critical features on time.
- Humble: We don’t always have the right ideas, so we often seek advice from our peers to solve our most challenging issues.
Language’s / Technologies and Skill:
- Java/Scala highly preferred but not required
- Handling near real-time stream processing via Micro-services, Spark, Flink, Storm, Kafka Connect or other distributed processing engines
- Firm understanding of distributed system challenges (Consensus, processing semantics, Event-sourcing, CQRS, Locks, Concurrency, Transactions, etc.)
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka
- Strong grasp of HDFS/Hadoop ecosystem
- Significant experience in building and maintaining Git-Ops Flows and fully automated CI/CD Processes.
- Working within stateful and/or stateless containers and orchestration via Kubernetes, Nomad or equivalent
- Experience with Relational, Distributed, and Document Databases such as Cassandra/HBase, MySQL, CosmosDB, Spanner, or Dynamo
- Fundamental ANSI SQL understanding
- Excellent documentation skills
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America