Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Principal Software Engineer at Sam’s Club, you’ll direct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and reviewing and approving online documentation.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
What you’ll do:
As part of the Sam’s Tech Cloud Engineering team, you will be responsible for leading the Sam’s Tech developers in their journey to public cloud deployments. This will include enabling infrastructure provisioning via infrastructure as code, defining cloud platforms and patterns to be used by developers, and building multi-cloud Kubernetes solutions.
You’ll really wow us if…
· You’re strong with cloud platforms, mentoring and possessing strong leadership skills.
· You can support business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partner with business to define priorities; identify short- and long-term solutions; and lead cross-functional partnership.
· You can lead the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Web Operations, Project Management, Business and User Experience teams; obtain cross-function approvals; drive proof-of-concept; and implement prototypes to validate ideas.
· You can lead and direct in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translate requirements into technical solutions; direct and review design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes); writing and developing code; overseeing software design; review unit test cases; communicate status and issues to team members and stakeholders; direct project team and cross functional teams; enhance design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensure on-time delivery and hand-offs; interact with project managers to provide input on project plan; and provide leadership to the project team.
· You can drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; develop and communicate business plans and priorities; remove barriers and obstacles that impact performance; provide resources; identify performance standards; measure progress and adjust performance accordingly; develop contingency plans; and demonstrate adaptability and support continuous learning.
You’ll make an impact by…
· Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
· Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a “best-in-class” customer experience.
· Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About the Team:
As a member of the of the Engineering group, you’ll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You’ll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you’ll be able to say that you work for the world’s largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Benefits & Perks: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive o
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field