What you'll do...
Are you passionate about building next generation systems with the latest technologies? Do you have experience with 2-D or 3-D drawing frameworks for the web and mobile and love to build visualization solutions to solve problems and make the end user experience a joy? Have you taken crusty old legacy systems long past their prime and envisioned their next incarnation? Then designed and architected it and seen it all the way through the SDLC?
It’s an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Layout Systems Architect for a key position on Walmart’s Engineering, Assortment and Merchandising Tools Team. At Walmart we don't just talk about scale, we are the definition of it. You will help build the future generation of store and modular space planning solutions that empowers business to optimally view, layout, merchandise, and analyze all the space in our stores and warehouses.
What you’ll do…
- Act as a technical liaison between customers (our buyers and planners), product owners, multiple engineering teams, and big data team.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals across multiple organization pillars to understand their needs, dependencies, and provide insights to best integrate use cases.
- Be great fun to work with. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Take a customer-centric approach to building and delivering products.
- Possess extraordinary capabilities ranging from high-level vision to low-level implementation.
- Work across engineering, product teams, and domains to influence thinking and set the direction for our system’s future. In this role you will provide significant, direct and high-quality contributions to the system architecture, designs, and implementations that maintain and extend our ability to deliver for the business as scope, complexity, and scale increase.
- Define, drive and champion architecture standards patterns and best practices
- Advise product, business, engineering leads and quality engineers on the alignment of solution implementations to conform to evolving standards.
What you’ll bring…
- Strong OOD/OOP experience with one or more compiled languages like Java, C/C++, or C#
- Experience architecting end-to-end solutions on public clouds many times
- Knowledge of the difference between products and features and abhor one-offs and
- Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes.
- A passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large public sector organizations.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle.
- Experience in appropriate selection of data stores and analysis of tradeoffs
- Experience with in-memory caching layers such as Redis, Redis Cluster, Memcached, or others
- Experience with monitoring quality of deploys and troubleshooting of production systems
- Experience understanding the end-to-end architecture of the web, from end user device to a service in a datacenter
- Extensive expertise with event-based distributed systems
- Proven proficiency with Microservices, CI/CD, Container orchestration
- Worked with Hybrid Cloud Architecture and managed services
- Strong ability in designing and delivering Shared services and reusable components
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Have experience with Java runtime
- Have designed, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Have experience with Kafka or other high volume-low latency messaging infrastructure
- Have experience with Azure Cloud Stack or other cloud stacks
- Have led or been part of modernizing tech stack or have migrated from on-prem to public cloud
- Have the knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture. Familiarity with CI/CD and unit testing
- Have the knowledge of Kubernetes and other CNCF tools
- Have been Mentoring other team members
- Lead others with respect
- Are curious and have the desire to learn
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
8TH AND J STREETS, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America