What you'll do...
This position, Senior Software Engineer, will be on the Walmart Labs Supply Chain Outbound team, focused on building Walmart's best in class Supply Chain!
You'll really wow us if...
- You have experience leading and influencing technical teams (3 years of experience)
- You have the ability to design technical solutions
- You come to the table with comprehensive knowledge of Java, React, and TypeScript (7 years of experience)
- You love to learn new tech and find applications to solve current or future problems
- You can effectively communicate to your technical team, stakeholders, and leadership
- You have exposure to Supply Chain systems with awareness of Supply Chain trends
- You have proven success in delivering scalable loosely coupled cloud applications
You'll make an impact by...
- Translating requirements into technical solutions
- Challenging the status quo to enable delivering value even sooner to our customers
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to deliver the right solution
- Encouraging best practices across our organization to enable other teams to succeed or accelerate their delivery
Preferred Qualifications for the Role:
- Capability to deliver MVP cloud project(s) in a variety of languages and technologies
- Ability to lead and influence engineers as they design and implement components
- Ability to deliver in Agile method (KANBAN or SCRUM)
- Experience developing and consuming ReST APIs
- Experience developing web based applications
- Experience developing containerized cloud applications
- Experience working with RDBMS (Informix, SQL Server)
- Experience working in a large micro service environment
- Top notch communication skills which allows the candidate to clearly and succinctly explain complex topics.
About The Team
Working on Supply Chain Merchandise Movement at Walmart Labs, you will…
- Work with small teams of talented engineers to build a best-in-class Supply Chain systems
- Solve difficult business problems using the latest and greatest technology innovating the future of Supply Chain at Walmart
- Be given the freedom to try new things and prove the value of your own ideas and innovations and own them all the way to production
- Develop new capabilities, participate in designing solutions, and expand your Supply Chain knowledge
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America