Walmart's Item Management Tools (iSAM) team develops supplier facing web applications, through which suppliers will be able to setup the items in Walmart. These web applications include multiple downstream integrations, complex real-time validations and different workflow systems. The Software Engineer position will be responsible for hands-on development as well as lead the development of Next Generation Enterprise solutions for Global eCommerce. They will be responsible for application development in support of the multi-platform roadmap. This position will be responsible for application design, ensure high performance, scalability and availability for those applications.
- Innovate and drives technical vision and influences product roadmap and vision
- Design and develop in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups of engineers, including offshore associates
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Supports business objectives and ensures the business needs are being met
- Develop components and modules that add to the pool of re-usable, and platform capabilities for the UI teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- 6+ years of experience in eCommerce Software development
- 5+ years of programming experience in architecting highly scalable & performing Web Applications
- 2+ years of developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems is a must
- 4+ years of experience with Open Source technologies
- 4+ years of developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems is a must
- 3+ years of experience in agile ways of working in a distributed geographical model
Manager’s Ideal Candidate Must-Haves
- Excellent communication, timeliness and a desire to write clean, organized code
- Experience with Web Development in general
- NodeJS ecosystem expertise, including API development
- HTML, CSS, ES6 expertise
- Prior experience with large scale web applications
- React, Redux expertise
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- J2EE experience
- AngularJS 1.x
- Formal education in Computer Science.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field