Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Director, Software Engineering part of Sam’s Club, you will execute engineering projects by developing resource planning for business roadmap in advance; removing barriers to success; ensuring others have the information, training, resources, and implementation time needed to succeed; developing and upgrading work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies; reviewing project progress against timeline; and developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, to build commitment and support. What you’ll do:
· Reduce customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues by ensuring high quality using quality standards; measuring sales loss and performing root cause analysis; publishing results; and developing future prevention plan.
· Develop and execute technical software development strategy for ecommerce applications and systems using current business roadmap by analyzing competitive trends and patterns; analyzing the technology landscape; evaluating short and long term implications; and communicating strategies and change initiatives clearly.
· Drive continuous process improvement and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the team; and adopting industry trends for innovation.
· Ensure product quality by developing and executing quality assurance plan; using data and experience to determine customer needs; directing continuous improvement and eliminating non-value-added work; measuring milestones for quality; and developing mitigation plans to ensure quality.
· Provide overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
You’ll make an impact by…
· Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
· Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a “best-in-class” customer experience.
· Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Benefits & Perks: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 8 years’ experience in software
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years' experience in software engineering