What you'll do...
About the Team
The Omni-Merch Design team builds products and experiences for millions of our Suppliers and Merchandising Associates. You'll leverage the best and latest tools and techniques to consolidate complex experiences and build true automation into the tools used for the core Walmart business. Innovating on the world's biggest stage, you'll get to deliver supplier and associate solutions that determine assortment, cost, price, and strategic retail decisions on millions of products. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As a Product Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our Merchants and Buyers and the Vendors who supply Walmart products. To do this, you'll need to think visually, using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate design concepts. You'll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other team members to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of retail. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Product Designer at Walmart could be the fit you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Ability to communicate complex and data-heavy concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
- Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, and dynamic, engaging interfaces.
- Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create compelling visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast).
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms, and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- Embody an inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to follow your initial vision.
You'll make an impact by:
- Leading in the creation of business, supplier, and associate product experiences.
- Thinking holistically – about the customers using our products, a cohesive design system, and end-to-end experiences.
- Solving complex problems and working with others with the same passion by collaborating and merging solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Mentor other Designers in day-to-day methodology and principles by providing guidance on design tasks and creating educational design modules for the User Experience practice curriculum.
- Builds partnerships with key stakeholders by identifying needs, delivering on expectations, and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities while adapting to a changing environment
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
- Bachelor's and two years of experience; OR Master's and one year of experience; OR 4 years of experience
- Degree in Product Design or Human-Computer interaction or similar
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 1 year's design experience OR Masters Degree OR 3 years' design experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America