What you'll do...
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: 805 Moberly Ln, Bentonville, AR 72716
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user’s questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
Minimum education and experience required: Master’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field plus 2 years of experience in software engineering or related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field plus 5 years of experience in software engineering or related experience.
- Must have experience with:
- designing and developing REST APIs using Java, Test APIs using Postman, and Microservices deployment on Pivotal Cloud Foundry, which is a Platform as a Service (PAAS) platform;
- backend software development using Java, Spring and Hibernate framework;
- scheduling job development using Spring Quartz;
- creating CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins; creating SOAP-based Web Services;
- Swagger integration with REST Services;
- Relational database design and development;
- writing JUnit, Functional test and Integration test suites;
- creating messaging APIs to send and receive messages;
- analyzing and fixing code quality issues reported in SONAR software;
- improving code coverage.
- Proven experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java applications
- Ability in coding with core Java – Micro services with Spring framework
- Experience with no-sql technologies like Cassandra
- Knowledge and experience with stream processing using Kafka
- Ability in developing with web/app containers such as Apache/Tomcat
- Amazing attention to detail – Data quality is paramount in the Master Data system
- Experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
- Ability in using a Cloud Computing platform
- Experience with Solr
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to interact directly with product owners, business partners and technical team.
- Problem solving skills. Ability to analyze problems quickly and provide technical solutions.
Would like to Have:
- Experience in developing jobs using Spark
- Experience with Kubernetes/Azure Cloud
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America