Endpoint Security Privacy & Protection
Advanced Systems Engineer, Cybersecurity - Walmart Technology
Over 1,000,000 Servers, Workstations, and Mobile devices deployed worldwide and running Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. Sound interesting? Now let’s add that these systems and devices are interconnected across 10,000 physical locations, Private Cloud, and Public Cloud.
Walmart, one of the largest and most complex enterprise technology environments, is searching for a talented and experienced Computer Systems Engineer to play a vital role within our growing Endpoint Security Infrastructure team.
The Endpoint Security team currently manages nine different platforms and 2,500,000 agents deployed on over 500,000 Servers and Workstations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge of server, workstation, and software architecture to develop and automate innovative solutions to investigate/manage/report across the endpoint security portfolio. For this position, we are looking for a critical and creative thinker, with excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to collaborate and influence teams both inside and outside of security.
Are you the answer to this challenge?
Skills and Experience:
· SQL Query Experience
· macOS and/or Windows Shell and Command line experience
· Data Visualization and Dashboard Creation
· Data Analytics and Trending
· Workstation and Server Systems Infrastructure
Skills and Interests
· Understanding How Things Work and Why
· Analytics and Data Trending
· Communication and Reporting
Automation and Engineering
· Develop automation for investigation and testing of local agent performance and functionality.
· Be able to understand how an application works and the processes it uses.
· Be able to troubleshoot and identify agent and performance issues.
· Identify opportunities and creative strategies to improve application and overall team performance
· Effectively communicate challenges or obstacles that may adversely impact key deliverables
· Seek out and sharing resources and subject matter experts to promote individual and/or team growth
· Engaging across the team to develop a culture of innovation, research, and growth
Drive & Execution
· Work on multiple projects
· Communicate plans and priorities
· Demonstrate adaptability and support continuous learning
· Ability to work effectively with teams and individuals who present challenges to existing paradigms.
· Ability to seek understanding and finding win-win solutions to conflicts.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years OR 4 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer Care, Customer Service, Information Technology, Programming Languages, Project Management, Support, TroubleshootingCISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor - Certification, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Certification, GCIH - GIAC Certified Incident Handler - Certification, GSEC - GIAC Security Essentials Certification - Certification