What you'll do...
The Data Strategy and Insights (DSI) organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting and using data.
We are hiring a Staff Systems Engineer to join our team in Bentonville AR.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Ensuring that agreed System availability and Service Level Agreement metrics are met
- Driving incident and problem management, along with appropriate Root Cause Analysis
- Leading the retrospect of issues and documenting resolution
- Coordinating system changes with Customers and following testing and validation requirements.
- Adhering to best practices for Access Control & Policies
- Proactively Identifying issues and address them in timely manner
- Establishing strong partnership with our International team.
- Collaborating with technical experts and Architects
- Supporting business objectives
- Leading the development of system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with Customer needs by setting technical direction
You’ll sweep us off your feet if…
- You are a team player with ability to collaborate with Customer, stakeholders
- You have Teradata database architecture and design experience
- Experience with Teradata tools and utilities; Teradata SQL;
- You have experience with performance tuning; stored procedures; logical and physical table design; Data warehousing; ETL; Linux/Unix Scripting; Teradata System Emulation Tool (TSET); and performance data collection and reporting (PDCR).
- You have Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field plus 4 years of experience in systems engineering or a related field. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of experience, the employer will accept a Master’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field plus 3 years of experience in systems engineering or a related field.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 7 years' systems engineering experience OR Master of Science and 6 years' systems engineering experience OR PhD
and 3 years' systems engineering experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America