What you'll do...
International Sam’s Tech (which is part of Walmart International business unit) is a fast-growing group, focusing on strategic initiatives for International Sam’s Club markets. As part of this group, you will be responsible for building and maintaining software that enables Sam’s Clubs to operate efficiently and seamlessly with low costs and pass on these savings to our Customers along with the best experience and satisfaction possible. You will be part of the application development team in software design and implementation, upholding our design patterns, coding standards, quality principles, and customer focus.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a forever student: someone who loves to continuously learn and strive for excellence
- You’re a tech hobbyist who enjoys solving complex problems.
- You display great communication/collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- You demonstrate extreme ownership and accountability in everything you do
- You are a self-starter, pro-active in your assignments, and always strive to achieve significant levels of independence while generally looking up to a mentor and other seniors for growth opportunities
- You’re a disruptive thinker who can lead software innovations
- You’re experienced with latest design patterns and technologies
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- You’re organized, disciplined, and self-managed
- You are a team player
- You have high standards for code quality and can hold the engineers that you work with accountable to those same standards
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 1+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in Java/J2EE/Spring Boot
- Solid understanding of building and consuming RESTful Microservices
- Experience with Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Knowledge of design and testing patterns
- Exposure to any public cloud platforms and cloud native services
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- True passion for technology
- Ability to sweep us off our feet
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 1 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America