DataScout has an immediate opening for a full time GIS Mapping Specialist in Little Rock or Fayetteville, AR.
As the GIS Mapping Specialist, you will be responsible for carrying out mapping and analysis tasks and projects as assigned by the GIS Project Manager. You will work with the mapping team to efficiently complete large scale mapping projects in a timely manner.
What your impact will be:
- Collaborate with mapping team to complete mapping projects with high quality output that adheres to DataScout standards
- Map geographic data that will primarily consist of real estate parcels, address points, and centerlines
- Use experience, best judgement, and research to accurately resolve mapping issues that lack sufficient available documentation
- Create publication quality maps and reports
- Take ownership of assigned local datasets and feel the accomplishment of seeing them improve and become more useful to the client and local officials
What we are looking for:
- High computer aptitude especially experience with GIS, drafting, graphic design, or other relevant professional software
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and project tracking abilities
- Puzzle solver who enjoys a practical math problem
- Someone that researches, Googles, asks questions, and likes to learn new things and understand how they work and why
- Ability to find a growing sense of accomplishment in redundant tasks without becoming bored or losing focus and/or accuracy
- Must be self-motivated and be a team player
What will make you stand out:
- Familiarity with professional GIS software and data
- Ability to interpret and map property boundaries from legal descriptions, aerial photography, plats, and other resources
- Experience in county government, especially Assessor, Addressing, OEM, or 911 Offices
- 4 year college degree with major coursework in Geography, GIS, Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Build a Career with DataScout
At DataScout LLC, an Arkansas based information technology firm, we are committed to developing our employees and are passionate about customer service. Since 2007, we have provided our services and expertise to thousands of clients and been told that our product lines have changed the way people do business. Our success can be attributed not only to hard work and excellent customer service, but also our ability to identify and develop strong committed talent.
Our continued growth has created an excellent opportunity for another GIS Mapping Specialist. We would like you to continue your career with our team in Little Rock or Fayetteville, AR.
- Hybrid working model with part-time work from home and part-time in office
- A competitive base salary with performance based annual increases
- Employees who have excelled at their jobs have been compensated with bonuses at the discretion of the COO/Executive Officers
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), which accrues according to the number of years employed by the company
- A $25,000.00 life insurance policy paid by the company with optional life insurance available
- Eligible for 401K retirement plan participation after one year employment, company percentage match
- Health, dental and vision policies with a percentage of health and dental premiums paid by the company
- Company paid long term disability policy
- Optional short term disability policy