What you'll do...
About the Team
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to add to our Quality and Gating Engineering pillar within our Core DevOps Developer productivity platform. This role will be responsible for developing our mobile and browser testing platform products, scaling them to leverage Cloud based solutions including but not limited to Walmart’s Kubernetes platform and integrating the products with Core DevOps platform.
You’ll Sweep Us Off Our Feet If
- You are an experienced full stack engineer motivated to make all things run fast
- You are interested in scaling highly performant platform products
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You enable development teams to seamlessly execute quality and gate offerings as part of their pipeline and understand where bottlenecks or issues exists.
- You a self-starter who thrives in a startup-like culture
- You enjoy working on complicated technical challenges, learning from and collaborating with experienced engineers
- You want to contribute to the Open-Source community to help improve the quality & performance of applications as part of CI/CD ecosystem.
- You have sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
You’ll Make An Impact By
- Defining the end-to-end testing strategy with a shift-left attitude through design, launch, and operation: Architecture design, influence requirements, and help support new product launch.
- Tackling pipeline issues for cutting edge technologies: Develop, analyze and debug difficult server-side issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service to stabilize, scale and improve user experience.
- Developing and enhancing products – you will drive the execution of product roadmaps, align technical needs, analyze platform and product data, turn the insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks.
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
- Providing overall direction by analyzing platform initiatives and customer needs
- Bachelor of Science and 4 years software engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years software engineering experience
- Experience in Web and Mobile Application testing frameworks (Selenium/Appium)
- Experience building test framework with common test automation tools
- DevOps Experience with public cloud (MSFT Azure, AWS, etc)
- Source Control (GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure Repos etc)
- Continuous Integration ( Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo, Azure Pipelines etc)
- Continuous Deployment (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Concord etc)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Packer, Puppet, Ansible etc) preferred
- Security and Network awareness
- Experience building scalable stateless service in K8S is preferred
- Problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues to provide appropriate solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders, subject-matter experts, and cross-functional teams.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America