What you'll do...
Walmart continues to grow an elite Information Security team and is looking for a talented and experienced Engineer to join our Security Testing practice. Walmart Global Technology is on the cutting edge of security for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of Things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile development, virtualization, AI and Robotics and custom hardware, all operating at massive scale. If you want to be part of the Information Security team that develops innovative solutions that balance security and business priorities, this is the position for you! As a seasoned Systems Engineer, you will be expected to have strong knowledge in multiple domains while providing meaningful contributions to the Walmart Information Security team and business partners throughout the global Walmart ecosystem. You will also be a thought leader and mentor junior security practitioners throughout the organization.
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- 4-6 years designing, leading, and implementing technology projects
- 4-6 years troubleshooting information security infrastructure
- 4-6 years performing vulnerability scanning and/or identification
- 1 -3 years production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations
- Passion for developing relevant security solutions that are agile and perform at scale
- One of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, PowerShell, VB Script, Ruby, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate and translate security and risk management terminology in business terms
- Preferred certifications or credentials: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Windows/Linux certification, and/or Security+ certification
- Enhance security posture by leveraging people, processes, and technology to ensure security system availability
- Build, deploy, and operate security testing infrastructure, tools, and services to enable security testing and vulnerability identification practices
- Apply industry standard techniques to ensure secure system design, deployment, and operational excellence
- Plan, schedule, and complete security testing infrastructure and tools upgrades
- Monitor and resolve issues with security testing infrastructure, tools, and services to ensure stability and availability for the security testing practice
- Create and maintain documentation that depicts system configurations, tool deployment and other relevant documentation
- Utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex problems logically and systematically
- Collaborate closely and effectively with security, platforms, and engineering teams to enable security testing and vulnerability identification capabilities
- Lead in security system design and implementation; write and approve change control installation plans
- Gather, develop, and review requirements to support new security system implementations
- Evaluate supplier products; make recommendations relative to security products and services
- Research and present information about new technologies.
- Resolves security system issues and leads root cause analysis
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Windows/Linux certification, and/or Security+ certification, Designing, leading, and implementing technology projects., Designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes, One of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net, Production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations, Troubleshooting security infrastructure problems
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America