What you'll do...
Walmart’s Global Sourcing Technology team is responsible for building and maintaining software that enables Walmart to Source the best quality products at the lowest possible price and pass that savings to our Customers so they can Save Money and Live Better. Walmart is investing in transforming the Global Sourcing business by enhancing the user experience with the latest technology and we are looking for talented individuals who can use their engineering and leadership skills to help our teams solve complex problems. You willbe part of the application development team leading software design and implementation, problem solving, leading consistency across our team in quality standards, ensuring our teams adhere to micro-service architecture principles, research and propose ingenuitive ideas that allows our teams to solve problems faster and provide engineering efficiency as they work with our customers to deliver world-class software solutions.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a forever student: someone who loves to continuously learn and strive for excellence
- You’re a tech hobbyist who enjoys solving complex problems.
- You display great communication/collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- You’re a disruptive thinker who can lead software innovations
- You’re experienced with micro services architecture
- You’re passionate about teaching and mentoring others to be greater than they thought possible
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage large projects simultaneously
- You have high standards for code quality and can hold the engineers that you work with accountable to those same standards
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
What you'll do...
Lead the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers in software development and design,
identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll bring..
- Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership
- Experience in ASP.NET including .NET Core versions/C#, Cake, CI/CD flows, DevOps, Scrum, Kanban, SQL/NoSQL DB, Cloud Experience
- xUnit testing framework and familiarity with testing automation
- Strong experience in RESTful Microservices
- Container technologies such as Docker on Kubernetes
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Clear Communication, including the ability to create functional charts
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Have a true passion about Technology. It’s a must!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years’ experience in information technology within the past 10 years OR 7 years’ experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years
- Experience in Azure cloud architecture and deployments and strong understanding of cloud technology, including - Azure Offerings, Cloud storage, Cloud security, Cloud migration.
- Experience in Angular
- Around 7 years of total experience with over 3 years of experience in Azure Web App/Web Services/SQL.
- Experience working with one or more industry-leading database platforms, preferably both relational and non-relational systems
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America