What you'll do...About the team:
It’s an exciting time to join our Sam’s Club journey. We are seeking for a Software Engineering Manager II
for a key position in Sam’s Club Fraud Rules Team. This dynamic team is responsible for the technology solution that detects fraudulent activity for Sam’s Club member services and any monetized accounts.You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
You’ll make an impact by…
- Researching trends on fraudulent activity
- Experience of handling systems at scale
- Build a strong team of software engineers
- Mentoring other team members
- Encouraging others to grow and be curious
- Leading others with respect
- Have the desire to learn
What you’ll do…
- Protecting a large corporation from a growing industry of fraud
- Define direction and roadmap to the fraud product
- Growing the team
- Delivering complex, cross function projects
- Experience of ML algorithms or rules for preventing fraud
What you’ll bring…
- Main focus will be working with Product Management & Business teams to lay out a roadmap for expanding the Fraud product.
- Help define the direction for the fraud product
- People Management for a team of Software Engineers
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards and processes.
- People Management with 15+ more direct reports
- Fraudulent Protection experience or Financial experience
- Experience protecting Financial transactions
- Technology Background of Software Engineering
- Technology Background with Java or Python
- Executive presence skills to present to senior leadership
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 4 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area OR 6 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America