By joining the InfoSec Strategy and Architecture team, you will lead the development of functional and detailed strategies related to technology alignment and rationalization of Information and Cybersecurity tools and applications. The Technical Expert is an integral member of the Strategy & Architecture team. In this role you will act as a liaison to facilitate collaboration between internal InfoSec functional areas, Business Lines, Infrastructure, and other members of the Global Tech Team to align technology initiatives with the InfoSec security stack. You will assist in finding new ways to leverage information to influence business decisions at all levels by distilling macro, customer, competitor, and tech trends into actionable insights. Success in this role means you are customer-centric and maintain an outside-in, big picture orientation for the future. As the role evolves, responsibilities will shift to developing plans to fuel our next phase of growth. Together, we will create strategies that mitigate risk to the Walmart digital ecosystem and convey customer trust in our systems and networks.
You’ll make an impact by:
· Drive technology alignment of InfoSec application rationalization activities to eliminate tech-debt
· Continuously conducting research (informal and formal) to understand the evolving technology trends in cybersecurity.
· Developing a detailed strategy to drive alignment of InfoSec technology resources.
· Solving tough problems to deliver results for the business through modernization and innovation.
· Documents technical requirements based on functional requirements requested by the business.
· Performs one-on-one interviews, hosts group meetings, and conducts workshops.
· Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to understand technology consumption and ways of working.
· Performing with a drive to get ahead of the competitive environment and bring new modernization and innovations ideas.
· Operating with the flexibility to pivot as we learn our customers and markets.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
· You have strong storytelling abilities.
· You have an analytical ability to synthesize information, triangulate findings, and create data-driven insights.
· You have substantial experience in building a detailed business case, understanding business drivers, and developing a path to profitability.
· You have experience working in cross-functional teams.
· You have strong people and communication skills to connect authentically with internal stakeholders and external partners.
· You are comfortable working in unstructured environments.
· You actively contribute to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· You effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, including peers and managers.
· You execute a systematic, disciplined, analytical, and logical approach to problem-solving.
· You have a desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun.
· College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent related experience as a Security or System Engineer.
· Experience with Python, Java, UX/UI, SQL, C-Sharp, and API integrations
· Experience working in Agile software development environments preferred.
· Experienced in all phases of PMLC and SDLC.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years' experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years' experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations, Designing and implementing technical solutions, Designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts, Integrating new technologies into existing technology portfolio, Leading a cross-functional team