What you'll do...
About the Team:
We work on Walmart’s strategic in-store Associate mobile experience. Our goal is to enable our in-store associates with mobile app capabilities that will help them be more efficient in their daily tasks as well as enhance team collaboration and communication. By joining our team, you’ll get a chance to work on chat bots and speech to text tech such as our Ask Sam app, as well as other technologies to enable P2P communication and much more. Our goal is to ensure our associates can easily access the information they need to get the job done quickly and spend more time helping and assisting our customers.
- Participates on team projects and follows Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC) processes by gathering requested information; writing, testing, and debugging programs and scripts; implementing test scripts and procedures; testing and installing third-party software; writing instruction manuals; compiling documentation reports; and documenting application changes.
- Supports Information Systems Division (ISD) applications by taking part in code reviews with team members; monitoring alerts and other application checks and balances; checking application performance, availability, and reliability; defining potential solutions; implementing improvements to products, applications, alerts, and monitors; installing basic changes; and engaging in war room and focus room meetings participating in change management processes.
- Supports the business by responding to user questions and problems; working problem tickets; troubleshooting problems for root cause; and reviewing problem resolutions and installation plans according to defined escalation procedures.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Information Systems, Informix, Java, JCL Programming, Mainframe Technology, Operating System - Unix, Operating System - Windows, Operations, Oracle, Programming Language - C, Programming Languages, Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Retail Software Programs, Troubleshooting, Visual Basic (VB.NET)
Bachelors: Business, Other: Information Technology
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America