What you’ll do.
This may be the job for you!
We have multiple openings at various levels for high-performing associates to fill roles within our Cyber Intelligence team. As a Senior Technical Expert with Walmart’s Cyber Intelligence Team, the opportunities are limitless. You will have a wide range of responsibilities in supporting the security posture of the organization and its many different brands across the globe.
You will be afforded the autonomy to bring in thought/technical leadership, and help drive strategy and direction for the current and future state of the Cyber Intelligence program.
As a member of the CI team, you will work alongside teams within Incident Management, which include the Security Operations Center, Incident Response, Hunt, Data Assurance, and Red team as well as other business partners both internal and external to Walmart. The ideal candidate should have vast knowledge within the Cyber Intelligence field and be able to articulate, develop and execute action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices. Ideally, the candidate should have a broad knowledge of the ever-evolving threat landscape, and the ability to monitor these threats in real-time and act on them accordingly
You’ll make an impact by:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field and 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 12 years OR 10 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 12 years
· 2 years’ experience generating technical reports
· 2 years’ experience working within a team environment
· 2 years’ experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources into written and oral format
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
· Experience with an emerging computer or online technologies, online social behaviors, and computer or internet terminology
· Experience working with MS Office developing macros or using advanced functions. (for example, Vlookup, PivotTables/Charts)
· Experience in production support, including problem identification, and customer and vendor relations.
· Experience researching current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and performing security analysis techniques
· Experience researching and analyzing cyber threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
· Experience producing intelligence reports for a variety of consumers
· Knowledge of programming/scripting languages, proficient in at least one: Python, Perl, C, C++, VB Script, Powershell
· Knowledge of DBA
· Foreign language proficiency
· Leading a cross-functional team
· CISSP, GCIH, GCTI, GIAC, GREM certifications
· Creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solutions recommendations
· Integrating new technologies into existing technology portfolio
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Global Technology, Cyber Intelligence
The Cyber Intelligence (CyInt) team collects, analyzes, and produces information, both independently and through established industry partnerships with the intent to deliver factual, relevant, and timely intelligence reports. These reports include assessments as well as predictive and strategic warnings against cyber threats to Walmart and its subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their faces. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000 + software engineers, data scientists, and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customer's shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtual this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives, and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 8 years' experience in information technology or related field within the last 12 years OR 10 years' experience in information technology or related field within the last 12 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.At least four cybersecurity technologies: security incident and event management (SIEM), intrusion defense systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), firewall, antivirus, web proxies, authentication, cryptography, Unix/Windows server administration, and/or network administration, At least one of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net, Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Penetration Testing Certification (GPEN), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), and/or Security Cisco Certified Networking Professional – Security (CCNP-Security), Creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations, Integrating new technologies into existing technology portfolio, Leading a cross-functional team