What you'll do...
About the Team
As part of the Enterprise Mobility and Edge Infrastructure area, you’ll lead a team of software developers to create software solutions to drive Walmart innovation to the next level. You will work with the top tech industry leaders such as Google, Apple, Samsung, Zebra, and VMware to drive long term retail strategies. You will also be working with lesser-known innovation leaders to help develop cost effective, cutting edge innovation for the Walmart Environment. You will also be responsible for driving efficiency, automation, and continuous improvement to one of the largest mobile device deployments in the world. You will be in the unique position to be of service to both our customers and our associates as a member of this organization supporting all segments of Walmart. What you can do and accomplish will be only limited by your drive and motivation. If you are a quick learner, self-driven, excited to work on large challenges, we would love to have you on our team.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a proven software developer with a strong understanding of mobile device technology.
- You are a leader, visionary, and innovator.
- You are passionate, driven, and humble in your approach.
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges.
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution.
- You thrive on both leveraging and leading the way.
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
- You are attracted by challenges and not driven away from them.
- You like to shape and create a future that hasn’t been envisioned yet and have done so in the past.
- Software development is your passion and not the job.
- You believe technology is here to elevate the quality of work engineers do and an engineer should never perform the same task twice, it must be done by machines.
- You have an analytical mind and see opportunities to have large impact in patterns you see in the data.
- You like to try and do new things, and you can learn to do anything you want.
- You are passionate about using software and machine learning to solve really difficult problems at unimaginable scales.
- You have always worked and built technology solutions to deliver an experience and not a system.
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly.
- You understand the various Infrastructure Technologies, the impact, the metrics, and the jargons used in this space.
- Agility is not a framework or methodology for you. It comes naturally and is the most logical way of working for you.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure customer experience is at the forefront of all we do.
- Partnering with our Business Customers to ensure strategic alignment.
- Developing and enhancing products that allow us to accelerate what we are doing at the Edge and build a platform that is sustainable with growth.
- Influencing vision and strategies that increase our level of automation for service delivery, and operations at an extremely distributed scale.
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to value streams, influencing, and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing organizational objectives and needs.
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution.
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years software engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years software engineering experience OR PhD OR 8 years of experience.
- Previous experience working with wireless 802.11 technology and/or iOS and Android Operating Systems.
- 6+ years of experience in data engineering and other data analytics field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Golang or Java, SQL, Spark, Hive, GCP data proc and distributed computing.
- Clear understanding on HTTP protocol.
- Experience with cloud (Azure/GCP preferred).
- Would prefer someone with experience building Layer 4 and 7 orchestration/routing/load balancing systems.
- Familiar with creating and exhibiting presentations for various levels of management.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America