What you'll do...
- Conduct UX research to deliver insights on user interaction with current and proposed designs by designing primary research programs for product specific initiatives; using research methods (quantitative or qualitative); planning and executing research activities (for example, field studies, focus groups, surveys, usability studies); gathering and analyzing data; drawing conclusions from data; creating reports and measuring feature performance; providing consumer specific information and data to support management decisions; interpreting data and trends; and developing and communicating usability and product improvement recommendations to Product Management and User Experience teams.
- Acts as user experience research consultant by providing recommendations for appropriate research to inform product development roadmap; recommending and executing research to inform corporate initiatives; developing and maintaining relationships with Product Management, User Experience, and business teams; identifying research issues and evaluating and validating consumer-based research designs, analyses, and information sources; and providing guidance on project-based research tasks.
- Manages the research relationship with contractors and vendors by creating requests for proposals (RFPs); reviewing, evaluating, and modifying user experience research designs and analyses; ensuring deliverables are defined and agreed upon before any work is initiated; providing feedback for evaluating overall vendor performance; reviewing deliverables; and reviewing key measures with management team.
- Recommends and drives proactive site-wide research programs by understanding business objectives and analyzing customer needs; developing, communicating, and implementing user research strategies and plans; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; gathering and analyzing data; drawing conclusions from data; creating reports; providing user-specific information and data to support management decisions; and interpreting data and trends.
- Mentors Associate Researchers in day-to-day User Experience research methodologies by modeling advanced research practices; and contributing to educational research modules for the User Experience practice.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R), and with SQL.
- Relevant product research experience or experience in an applied research setting using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Demonstrated expertise in multivariate statistics, the design of experiments, Lean Six Sigma.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience within User Experience research, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research, and/or product research and development.
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets.
- Excellent command of research questions within a given domain, and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that field.
- Understanding of descriptive statistics and basic inferentials including t-test and ANOVA.
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communications, abilities to translate and articulate large data set with clarity and brevity
- Research portfolio demonstrates above qualifications
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years design research experience OR Masters Degree OR 6 years design research experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America