What you'll do...
Walmart Technology seeks a skilled developer to build/develop service catalog items and scoped applications on ServiceNow platform.
The developer will own the development tasks of the solution based on integration of Service Now with other systems hosted within the Wal-Mart’s corporate network or external systems. The Developer must align with the Architects/Technical Design Team on the project responsible for corresponding technical designs to ensure design is supported by the underlying vendor software. The deliverables are expected to meet high-quality standards.
The ideal candidate will understand the ServiceNow platform and applications/processes running on it. The candidate will perform the necessary tasks to design and develop the solutions along with customizations for existing solutions. A successful candidate will be proficient in troubleshooting issue in the production environment. Must be able to work both independently and as a productive member of a project team. The position requires the candidate to work closely with key client stakeholders and senior technology leaders.
- · Responsible for the technical specification and implementation of the solutions/applications and service catalog items in ServiceNow platform
- · Provide expertise on all technical questions related to development on ServiceNow platform
- · Develops the technical solutions and implements them
- · Understand the business needs and the needs to standardize processes, and build this into the design
- · Understand the large scale thinking and approach needed for success of the project
- · Expertise level understanding of ServiceNow is required
- · Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- · Advanced experience with ServiceNow implementations
- · System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- · Strong communication, Strong presentation and writing skills
- · Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members.
- · Experience with development and implementation of ServiceNow ITSM modules – Request Management, Asset management, HR Case Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management or other ITSM application.
- · Experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications
- · Exposure to ServiceNow platform capabilities.
- · Understands technical and functional design requirements related to ServiceNow.
- · Create and manage scripts and workflow.
- · A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL or CMDB
- · Experience with Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs - all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow system
- · Customizing ServiceNow using UI Pages, UI Macro & CMS using CSS, HTML, Jelly.
- · Custom UI Changes with usage of Web Technologies such as DOM, HTML changes.
- · Experience presenting and conducting demo reviews with client stakeholders
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 1 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America