What you'll do...
- Enhances security posture by leveraging people, processes, and technology to ensure security system availability; writing and approving change control installation plans; leading the transformation of customer needs into security solutions that deliver business value while improving security; leading installation of security systems; guiding team members on changes; leading suppliers and team members in reviewing system performance; recommending, documenting, and implementing improvements; engaging suppliers to drive security solutions for the business; leading in security system design; assessing potential security system issues and identifying solutions; and conducting security audits as necessary.
- Leads the development and implementation of network security designs and products that have high availability and scalability consistent with company needs by assisting Technical Experts in setting technical direction; contributing to technology roadmaps; gathering, developing, and reviewing requirements to support new network security implementations; participating in customer meetings; leading the transformation of customer needs into security solutions that deliver business value while improving security; evaluating supplier products; engaging suppliers to drive security solutions for the business; making recommendations relative to security products and services; enforcing security standards and technical decisions; researching and presenting information about new technologies; developing and presenting design references; leading design reviews; and ensuring compliance with information technology governance standards.
- Manages multiple initiatives by delivering and delegating as appropriate; ensuring the completion of assigned tasks; collaborating within a matrix environment; completing and reviewing documentation in accordance with established guidelines; sharing knowledge and driving best practices with team members; participating in and leading meetings; and communicating tasks to stakeholders (for example, customers, leadership, peers, third party providers) as appropriate.
- Takes ownership of and resolves network security infrastructure issues (for example, firewalls, intrusion protection, advanced anti-malware, remote access) by leading root cause analysis; identifying trends and leading corrective action to address performance problems; creating reports and actionable metrics for network security products; supporting multiple large-scale, cross-functional resolutions; resolving support problems in a timely manner; providing updates to customers, project leads, and management team on problem resolution status; and driving supplier participation during problem resolution.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000 + software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Windows/Linux certification, and/or Security+ certification, Designing, leading, and implementing technology projects., Designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes, One of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net, Production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations, Troubleshooting security network infrastructure problems
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America