What you'll do...
- Collaborates with Architecture and Engineering teams to build defensible networks, systems, and software by providing subject matter expertise; and contributing to security roadmaps, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Contributes to the vulnerability lifecycle management process by researching and presenting information about new vulnerabilities; escalating newly discovered threats and risks in partnership with internal and external intelligence sources; and assisting in the evaluation and ranking of risk in partnership with various internal stakeholders (for example, Security Global Risk and Compliance area).
- Collaborates with Cybersecurity Incident Management teams to integrate intelligence into security posture by developing relationships with vendor partners to determine detection delivery timeframe; creating custom detection and prevention mechanisms for endpoint and network security technologies to address emerging threats; implementing and reviewing identified changes according to change procedures; contributing in department level meetings and discussions; reviewing and revising team documentation; documenting new information and presenting it to cybersecurity department leadership; providing feedback on intelligence effectiveness; and researching new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Increases effectiveness and efficiency for Cybersecurity Intrusion Analysts by serving as an escalation point during real time response; developing and maintaining tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of real time analysis; training and mentoring on current security trends; creating, editing, and reviewing standard operating procedures; and assisting with quality control that contributes to security event lifecycle management.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
About Walmart Global Tech
If you’re thinking ‘scale’, think bigger and don’t stop there. At Walmart Global Tech, we don’t just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart Global Tech and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries.. With fiscal year 2021 revenue of $559 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We’re changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores, to mobile, social and even online; we’re not just ready for the future of shopping, we’re creating it.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years' experience in information technology or related field
within the last 10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
2 years' experience with one of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#,
2 years' experience with at least three of the following technologies: SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Antivirus, Web Proxies, Authentication, Cryptography,
Unix/Windows server administration, and/or Network administration.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Analyzing malware, Analyzing network packet captures (for example, WireShark, Snort, Bro, Suricata, Netwitness, ArcSight Logger/ESM, Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Penetration Testing Certification (GPEN), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), and/or Security Cisco Certified Networking Professional – Security (CCNP-Security), Securing applications, operating systems, or networks
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America