What you’ll do
The Walmart CICS/MQ team supports all of our CICS and MQ deployments on zOS across our large scale, highly complex, parallel sysplex environment. This includes upgrades, maintenance, new builds, and support of all related tasks. This includes participation on team on-call rotations. This is an engineer position with no direct reports.
Participates in agile teams supporting systems engineering projects by collaborates with the project team to build systems engineering solutions; translates requirements into potential solutions based on existing options; develops solutions to meet business needs; collaborates with the project team to build systems engineering solutions; and ensures solutions align with the overall project design.
Troubleshoots issues related to systems engineering solutions by serves as software operational support; researches and reviews reported issues; evaluates the impact to the business and executes tasks as designated in the action plan; performs root cause analysis to reduce future issues; and engages support teams when needed.
Supports the daily operations for existing systems engineering solutions by performs maintenance and monitors the health and performance of systems engineering solutions; participates in the development and delivery of operational features and operations management systems and processes to accommodate growth and traffic on eCommerce websites; participates in systems testing; reviews logs in order to identify and document issues; executes daily requirements in order to ensure reliable and continued service; documents systems engineering processes and designs.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science OR 2 years systems engineering experience or Master of Science
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.