What you'll do...
As a Principal Software Engineer part of Global Tech, you’ll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You’ll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done.
The Order Management team will work closely with most, if not all, other domains to ensure a cohesive technology landscape in a modern cloud-powered platform. The work done will result in the direct input needed for development teams to implement and achieve the goals of our Technology and Business leaders.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
You’ll really wow us if…
- Knowledge of the processes within an Agile organization are required, CI/CD, scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Deep understanding of the development lifecycle within a corporate environment is mandatory. Knowledge of multiple programming languages, such as Java, Python, Scala, Go, etc., and pragmatic use of the languages with Kubernetes deployments will be needed.
- Experience in leveraging cloud native design principles and patterns
- A broad background in multiple technology subjects is highly recommended as the ideal candidate will be able to specify technologies needed to implement various solutions that achieve the architectural directions as devised under both Reactive (Event based) and Active (Service Oriented) Architecture implementations
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, energy, perseverance, and the desire to solve big problems
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way for broad audiences.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a “best-in-class” customer experience.
- Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
1110 SE 10TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6470, United States of America