Develops and mentors associates inside and outside the team by assigning specific tasks to develop technical or business knowledge; assisting associates with completing assigned tasks; holding team members accountable for compliance with departmental network standards; ensuring all associates are advancing technically; recognizing team and individual accomplishments; conducting formal and informal training on various technical topics and project management processes; and providing subject matter expertise.
Maintains and improves network stability by identifying new technologies; ensuring compliance with regulatory governance; initiating corrective action for support issues; initiating and driving requests for proposals; implementing complex network changes; designing, engineering, and documenting complex architecture and component configuration; developing design references; leveraging existing technology; and implementing and sharing best practices internally and externally.
Supports project management role by interfacing with Customers; representing projects to area project council; removing obstacles and barriers for team members; and participating in the budgeting and resource allocation processes.
Develops technical solutions to meet customer needs by gathering requirements from customers; seeking feedback from customers and key stakeholders relative to their business needs; translating business requirements into network designs; reviewing business problems and driving solutions; and presenting potential solutions to the appropriate audience.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
“Must be available for on-call pager rotation for a week at a time.”
Great if you have:
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science and 4 years network engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years network engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years network engineering experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building or implementing multiple types of infrastructure technologies (for example, routers, switches, servers), Designing, leading, and implementing technology projects., Troubleshooting network infrastructure problemsInformation Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification