About the Team
The Customer Product team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers and associates. You’ll leverage the best and latest tools to work remotely with teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry. We need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative to craft the best-n-class solutions for our Supply Chain. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, you’ll get to deliver customer-centric solutions for our Distribution Networks and Transportation Fleet and Operations networks and every step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As a Product Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customer and associates. To do this, you’ll need to think bigger in systems, platform and process flows, using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate design concepts. You’ll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Product Designer at Walmart could be the role you’ve been looking for.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
· Ability to communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
· Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces.
· Ability to get deep into process flows and systems thinking.
· Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast).
· The ability to work with design systems and patterns to create and maintain scalable and consistent experiences.
· Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
· Experience with business requirement gathering site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
· Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to follow your initial vision.
You’ll make an impact by:
· Leading in the creation of business, consumer, and associate product experiences.
· Thinking holistically – about the associates using our products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences.
· Solving complex problems and working with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
· Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor Degree and 1 year's design experience OR Masters Degree OR 3 years' design experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design