Contributes to the continuous improvement of field technician services and processes by preparing reports, including ad hoc reports, to monitor and identify trends; evaluating reports to identify trends in incidents, requests, and escalations as well as changing business needs; evaluating reports to identify opportunities to improve systems and reporting tools; identifying, sharing, and applying best practices across the department; developing team members; providing analysis and recommendations to senior management to resolve issues; and implementing business improvements.
Manages and resolves critical customer incidents, requests, and escalations received through various communications (for example, phone calls, email, system software, walk-ups) by identifying incident and business partner needs; monitoring team and area service level queues; assigning, delivering, installing, or enabling assets (for example, hardware, equipment, software, media, coordinating delivery of new equipment) once approved; categorizing urgency of incidents, requests, and escalations; validating business partner and system issues and resolutions; creating and modifying templates; assigning requests to other teams and escalating as needed; and closing requests or problem tickets upon completion.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues (for example, server and storage capacity issues) by gathering needed information and formulating an action plan; running existing and new scripts and commands to resolve issues; interpreting results to determine further action; utilizing online documentation, personal experience, and knowledge to troubleshoot issues; and engaging support teams (for example, contractor teams, vendor partners) as needed to assist in the resolution of issues.
Recommends business solutions to support organizational strategy by providing technical expertise to internal and external partners regarding business initiatives; identifying how to troubleshoot and resolve potential issues surrounding new business initiatives; assisting in the preparation of technicians for new applications and project rollouts (for example, how to troubleshoot new technology, how to fix application); participating in focus rooms during Corporate Impacting incidents; and making recommendations to leadership.
Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer Care, Distribution Center Management, Information Systems, Information Technology, Installing computer hardware or software, Investigations, Managing challenging workforce issues, Microsoft Office, SupportAssociates: Information Technology