What you'll do...
- Lead the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers in software development and design, identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll bring..
- Over 5 years of experience in Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership.
- Strong Java, Spring framework, Kafka, SQL and cloud experience such as Azure.
- Strong experience in RESTful Microservices
- Container technologies such as Docker on Kubernetes
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Clear Communication, including the ability to create functional charts
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Have a true passion about Technology. It’s a must!
- Experience in Azure cloud architecture and deployments and strong understanding of cloud technology, including - Azure Offerings, Cloud storage, Cloud security, Cloud migration.
- Experience in building of large-scale data pipelines using big data technologies (i.e. Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive/Presto/Airflow).
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python), and SQL.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of software development (Java is preferable)
- Solid skills in java stack (Spring, Maven, JaxRs, Hibernate)
- Solid experience with web services (REST APIs, understanding idempotency, HTTP methods and response codes)
- Strong experience within the Cloud using Azure
- Experience with using Linux command line tools
- Experience using source control systems (git)
- Experience with working with CI/CD (Jenkins/Travis)
- Experience with working with cloud deployments (scaling, resiliency, load balancing etc)
- Experience leading 2-3 junior engineers from a technical delivery standpoint
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MSSLQ, Cassandra, Couchbase)
- Experience working with message stream systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in agile environment (Scrum, daily standups etc)
- Being an independent thinker and problem solver
- Experience with being a core contributor to a software project: understanding domain and business requirements, being responsible for critical parts of the application
- Strong sense of urgency
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of OpenCV, React Native
- Understanding micro-service architecture and domain driven approach
- Experience of delivering and supporting a large scale production system
- Experience working with logging and application monitoring stack: Splunk, Grafana etc
- Experience working with docker containers and container orchestration basics (Docker, Kubernetes/Docker Swarm)
- Some level of experience with UI - being able to understand UI tech stack, needs and limitations
- Good communication skills, working in multi-team project
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America