Senior Director II, Product Management
Are you a proven senior product leader, inspired to change the digital people experience for all candidates and over 2 million associates of Walmart, are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role could be the fit you’ve been looking for? Are you ready for the opportunity to build, guide and run a new product organization.
With a humanity inspired, user-centric approach to problem solving, candidates and associates are at the heart of everything we build. As the leader of the newly established Enterprise People Product organization, you will establish, lead, and inspire a team that together will reimagine the Walmart associate experience. In short, be the product partner to the People function as we focus on bringing to life our digital vision of being Associate Centric, AI powered.
Responsible for product creation of the full life cycle of people digital experiences, this critical leadership role will partner with the People team across all HR domain COE’s, all Walmart business segments, UX and Engineering teams to bring together amazing products that will amaze our candidates and associates. This role will be most impactful when it fosters and inspires full cross-segment 4itB ways of working (4iTB defines Product, Business, UX and Engineering). As the Enterprise leader impacting experiences across all segments of the Walmart business, fostering collaboration is at the core of this role. Defining and building product for enterprise scale, whilst designing for business unit adaptation where required will be the way in which success is achieved.
Leadership of all Talent and Learning, Core HR, Total Rewards, Time and Attendance, Payroll product managers, this leader will be responsible for implementing and maintaining product management disciple and best in class standards, roadmaps, OKR’s and ways of working for all HR/People technologies.
Product Role Responsibilities
Drives the delivery of all product area portfolios by managing and communicating trade-off decisions to executive leadership; removing obstacles; and holding others accountable for results.Optimizes product portfolios by ensuring alignment with key corporate and segment strategies; and setting resource allocation direction across product portfolios.Secures cross-functional alignment and resources by promoting and building support for product vision, strategy, and pipeline from executive leadership. Acts as the strategic leader for the product roadmap by formulating the 3-5 year vision and strategy for product opportunities and continually assessing the assumptions driving the overall product portfolio.Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting,selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leadingkey community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science and 9 years' product management experience OR 13 years' product management experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.